Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Treats

We spent the weekend baking away and delivered Christmas treats to our neighbors and friends. I love Christmas. We drove around with the Christmas music on looking at the lights and went to our friends houses. The girls took turns going into each house and they loved it.


The spread this year was Lizzie's killer toffee as we call it, peppermint bark, orange butter cookies (Rach's lemon butter cookies, but with orange), and as previously posted Whit's foothill sweet dreams. Yummo!!! So as you can see most of the treats come from the Hasler clan. Thank you thank you. I wanted to make the peppermint chocolate sandwhich cookies, but I haven't been able to find peppermint extract in New Jersey yet so I substituted peppermint bark. If any of you Hasler girls find peppermint extract and want to mail it to me with the kids Christmas cards that would make me very happy.


Orange Butter Cookies (Lemon)

1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup cornstarch
1 cup flour

Mix and drop by teaspoonfulls on cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 15 min. Frost

Frosting

2 1/2 - 3 frosting
zest from one orange
2 Tb of fresh orange juice (add more for preferred consistancy)
1/4 c. melted butter

mix and frost cookies. I use a squeeze bottle (like ketchup bottles)squeeze it on the cookie...it is a little more efficient and it looks cute too.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Yummers! These look delish! I wish I were your neighbor and got a plate of goodies. :) Funny thing is we haven't received any neighbor goodies this year. Kinda weird.

Elizabeth said...

Your plates look delicious!! I downsized my neighbor goodies this year and decided to give a cute bag of toffee. I made all my toffee while we were all healthy, but now I am waiting for the flu bug to be gone before we make deliveries!
Nice work on your treats!!

April said...

we haven't gotten any either, but I don't care. I like to give them anyway.