Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TWD-Brownie Buttons



It was my pleasure this week to "test" these little wonders that are called Brownie Buttons! Personally, I think chocolate and orange were meant to go together. Such a lovely combination. They were a snap to put together. I made batch #1 last week to give to a friend I was taking dinner to. The verdict, she was surprised to have liked them as much as she did because she is not usually a fan of chocolate and orange. (In my defense, I had no idea that was the case, otherwise I would have done them plain.) My thought is that the soft, fudgy brownie was just too good and couldn't be ruined by a bit of orange zest!

I made a double batch yesterday for the Fam, seeing as they were sorely disappointed that all of the first batch went out the door without even a little bite. Here at our house they were gobbled up. In fact, I had to make sure the husband knew he could eat a few but had to leave some for my pictures. This morning he told me how hard it was to not eat the entire plate of them, they were that good in his book.

Another five star Dorie recipe! If you are interested in trying out Brownie Buttons yourself, head here for the full recipe.

Happy Baking!

P.S. If you haven't been to see Julie and Julia yet, you are missing out and should definitely see it this week. It was fabulous!


p.p.s. When I was taking the pictures my almost 4-year-old kept saying, "Smile little brownie bites! Smile for your pictures!" I loved it.

4 comments:

wildthayn said...

Yum!! These sound SOOOO delicious!! I couldn't see the pictures. I don't know if it was just my computer or if they aren't there, but they sound divine!!!

April said...

I couldn't see the pictures either on any of the computers here. they may need to be reloaded. Regardless....these sound awesome. I think I will have to give them a try.

Anonymous said...

Your brownie buttons look beautiful! They remind me of Valentine's Day! I love how your son got your buttons to smile! =)

wildthayn said...

So super cute!!!! Can I come over and have some??