Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TWD: Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies

I was excited to see that Pamela from Cookies with Boys (a blog name I love and completely identify with) chose Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice cookies. Molasses cookies are some of our favorite and it was fun to try a new recipe.

First of all, the dough was amazing! I feel like I would eaten all the dough if I didn't have to post pics of the cookies! It was buttery and yummy and had the perfect amount of spice. I debated whether or not I would add the black pepper, but in the end I did it and my husband loved it! It wasn't too much for the boys and I took the cookies to book club where they were loved by all.

If I could change one thing about this recipe, I really love a cookie that has a chewy texture to it. This seemed to be a little more crunch for my preference, although the great flavor made up for the crunch. This is a recipe that will definitely be made again in our house, especially during the holidays! Check out Pamela's blog for the full recipe!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

They look great, and I love your plate! Mine were chewy, loved them. :)

Susan said...

Your cookies look good! I loved these, and can see making them again and again.

Hindy said...

Your cookies look lovely! I wish mine had been chewy in the middle.

wildthayn said...

Lizzie, I do love a good Molasses cookie. I wish I lived close enough to taste one of yours.