Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TWD:Cocoa-Nana Bread

Things have changed a bit around here so we won't be posting every week. With the New Year there are always resolutions to eat better, and these recipes certainly don't help that at all. :) Two of us are having babies, one within days and myself in about a month, so it seemed that right now was the time to slow it down a bit. That said, there is no way we could completely abandon Dorie and her fabulous recipes!

For January, we decided it would be fun to have a TWD Dessert night. We met the first Saturday evening of January at April's house and it was great! Fun for the cousins to get together and play, and fun for the adults to get to taste all of the great treats. Lizzie made the Cocoa-Buttermilk Birthday Cake, April made the Chocolate-Oatmeal Almost Candy Bars, and I made the Cocoa-Nana Bread. Lots and lots of chocolate!

So, onto the recipe. The Cocoa-Nana Bread came together easily, and came out of the oven looking, and smelling divine. When it came time to slice it to serve, it fell apart. I was disappointed with the final product. It was dry and crumbly and not the best banana bread I have ever had. Of the three treats that night, April's definitely took the prize.

If you want to give it a try check out Obsessed With Baking for the full recipe, or find it on page 46 in Baking From My Home to Yours.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Susan said...

I have to agree with your review. The bars were fabulous. This bread...not so much so. Looks great though. :)

Teanna DiMicco said...

I'm sorry you didn't like the bread! Good luck on your last month of pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Wow... one more month! Sorry this wasn't a hit for you - but I agree, the bars were phenomenal! NIcely done!

mike
TWD blog
web.me.com/mikejdunlap

Jules Someone said...

Not so much a favorite at my house. Ah well.