Wednesday, February 3, 2010

English Toffee Cookies

It is actually quite embarassing admitting that I have eaten 2/3 of a pan of these goodies on more than one occasion. Usually when i make them though I have help from mom or sisters in devoring the richness. My dear friend Susie gave me this recipe when our family lived with her 3 years ago for a summer. So not only are these super yummy, but I always think of Susie when I eat them so I am of course always happy when I make them. The pictures of these treats doesn't look like much, but you will be surprised at how addictive they are.



English Toffee Cookies

1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter
1 egg yolk
2 c. flour
1 tsp vanilla
Bake for 12 min at 350 (will be pale), add 6 chopped Hershey bars (or two large milk chocolate symphony bars) as soon as they come out of oven. Spread when melted and add chopped nuts (pecans are best, but good with almonds) on top.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Thanks for posting these April! Now I will have to give them a try. They look divine!