Monday, May 31, 2010

The Best Oatmeal Cookies!

April mentioned the other day that I should really post more about the baking happening in my kitchen. Right now, it's happening a little too often! We have gone through 4 lbs. of butter in less than three weeks! I'd feel better if I was taking all these baked yummies to others, but we're currently residing in Ohio for the summer where we hardly know people, so we've consoled ourselves with cookies, cakes, breads, brownies, etc.

This is one of our favorite cookies! A few years ago I was on a quest for the perfect oatmeal raisin cookie and I made lots and lots of cookies trying to find the perfect one. I think I ended up combining a few recipes and came up with this. I took them to a Memorial Day picnic and people were literally fighting over them! Make a batch today, your family with love love love you!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

3 eggs beaten

1 c. raisins

1 t. vanilla

1 c. butter

1 c. brown sugar

1 c. sugar

2 ½ c. flour

1 t. salt

2 t. baking soda

2 c. rolled oats (old fashioned, not instant)

1 c. pecans (optional)

Combine 3 eggs, raisins and vanilla, cover and let sit for 1 hour (sounds gross, but it helps soften the raisins). Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add flour, salt and baking soda. Then stir in raisin mixture and oats being careful not to over mix. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

April said...

You are crazy. 4lbs! I am glad you posted.