Tuesday, December 14, 2010

TWD: Apple-Coconut Family Cake




This was a fun Dorie make. It was easy enough to put together. I love apples and coconut, I do not usually put them together so it was fun try this duo out. The presentation of the cake is lovely. The texture ended up similar to a cake my mother-in-law makes called Belgium cake which is made with cooked oatmeal. I added pecans which made the cake for me. The nuttiness (is that a word?) matched the apple and coconut perfectly. I am not a fan of jam in/on desserts so I did not use apple jam for the topping. After tasting it I decided it definitely needed a topping. So we pulled out the caramel syrup and that worked wonderfully. Next time I will make a homemade caramel sauce. Overall this cake was quite tasty, the kind of cake where when you walk by you take a bite. My kids or husband were not huge fans, but I snacked on it through the afternoon.



If are interested in making this you can visit Amber of Cobbler du Monde for the recipe.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

SO pretty! How did you do that?? I cored my apple and cut it like you did, but yours looks like it's sparkling! PS: we use the same blogger design. love it!

Tia said...

apple pecans - nyum nyum!