Tuesday, February 15, 2011

TWD: Chocolate Oatmeal Drops



These were a surprisingly delicious make. They came together quickly (which I love these days) and they were very enticing. I think the first pan of a new recipe of cookies are always an experiment. After pulling out the first batch from the oven and finding them flat and crispy (still yummy though) I decided to make the cookies smaller than the tablespoon recommended. More like a large teaspoon and I lessened the baking time to 10 min. They were perfect. Still thin (however that is how I think they are supposed to be) but very chewy and rich rich rich. I loved the hint of cinnamon. The kids gobbled up their portions and asked for more. These were a scrumptious treat.



I thought it would be fun to include this picture. Sometimes I think the blogging world looks a little too perfect and unreal. Beautiful and the pictures and creative stories are amazing (not mine really, but others). I think most lives are not really that perfect and here is the proof. Who doesn't need a blue sparkly seahorse gracing their pictures? I do, always! So my lovelies think!


If you want to make these rich little chocolaty cookies you can visit Caroline and Claire of the blog Bake with Us. Happy Baking!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the non-perfect picture! That's what baking is really like! Your cookies look great, and I too loved the hint of cinnamon.

Flourchild said...

Im glad you all liked them! they look so good!!

Anonymous said...

I love the seahorse! Thanks for baking with us this week and for taking a lighthearted approach to your photo!