Tuesday, February 22, 2011

TWD-Toasted Almond Scones


When we were discussing who would do which recipe this month, both Lizzie and April said this recipe sounded like a Whitney recipe. I completely agree. I love all things almond, especially almond flavored sweets. I also enjoy a good scone so this recipe seemed to have all the makings of a fabulous, keeper recipe.

They came together quickly, weren't too messy, and smelled wonderful baking in the oven. The texture was tender. In the end I was a little disappointed in the lack of the almond extract flavor. The toasted almonds overpowered everything else. I will make them again but will use more almond extract. I enjoyed mine warm with some butter and some homemade peach jam that I canned this past Summer. It was delish! My kids enjoyed them as an after-school snack.

If you want to give the Toasted Almond Scones a try, Mike at Living Out West has the full recipe. Until next week...

Happy Baking!

2 comments:

April said...

I liked these more than I thought I would. I am not a big almond extract fan and so I liked how it was not overpowering. Delish! Thanks for leaving me some.

Theodore said...

Whitney, if the adopters of Kara Witt's son ARE good people, can you ask them to consider returning Owen to his blood relatives? If they cannot, they do not deserve to be called good, a return to his biological family could still be in Owen's best interest at the moment. Of course, I understand they are only human, but if you can demand superhuman goodness of Kara, you can, with greater justification demand the same of them, aren't they Saints, after all?
That said, your kitchen skills seem most admirable.