Sunday, May 17, 2009

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Babies

Did this one pique your curiosity?

These are awesome!!  And they don't just have a little bit of peanut butter cheesecake flavor swirled around inside, it has a real mass of deliciousness in the middle that you can enjoy and let linger in your mouth for a while.  Yummy!!!

I found this recipe in Kraft's Food and Family magazine.  They always have fun (and easy) recipes and its free!!  They even have archives online if you missed something.

1 pkg brownie mix (19-21 oz., I prefer Ghiradelli mixes!!) + ingredients to make
1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz.)
1/3 c sugar
1 egg
1/4 c peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups cool whip
20 maraschino cherries (optional)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.  Spoon into 20 muffin cups.  I like the silicone ones, they just pop right out.

In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, peanut butter, and vanilla with mixer until blended.  Spoon a rounded Tbsp into each muffin cup and use another spoon to pull brownie mix over the top.  You should still be able to see some of the cheesecake on top.  Bake 30 minutes or until centers are set.  Cool to room temp, then transfer to refrigerator.  

True cheesecake needs to be refrigerated for at least 24 hours.  I found that to be true with these as well.  These are great on the first day, but if you can wait 24 hours, they're even yummier!

Serve topped with cool whip and maraschino cherries.



4 comments:

Whitney said...

Oooh Sarah! Why do you tempt me so? If I had all the ingredients this would be our Sunday treat. Mmmm!

Anonymous said...

they sure did pique my curiosity! they look so good. :)

April said...

I think I am going cross eyed. That looks so amazingly rich. Yummo!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, I need to try these babies out!