Tuesday, June 16, 2009

TWD: Honey-Peach Ice Cream


Dear Summer,

Thank you for your hot days, your bright sun, your warm breeze.  
Thank you for the happy sounds of children giggling, splashing in the water, carefree in every way.
Oh ya, and thanks for honey peach ice cream.  It really is perfect!!

Love,
Sarah
Add Image


Thank you Tommi of Brown Interior  for choosing this recipe.  It was such a sweet treat for summer.  I received a Cuisinart ice cream maker for Christmas and just didn't get around to using it until now.  This recipe reminds me of old-fashioned peach cobbler.  My peaches weren't great, so I used peaches for the honey blend and nectarines for the mix-ins.  I made ice cream sandwiches with Grandma's all-occasion sugar cookies, (which happen to be the best sugar cookies ever.)  Together, they made a perfect pair.

This recipe originally comes from "Baking:  From my home to yours" by Dorie Greenspan, but you can also find it at www.browninterior.blogspot.com.

Happy Summer!!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

You are so clever Sarah! This sounds like one I have to try. I was on an ice cream making streak last week but mine were all herb ones. I did a basil, dark chocolate rosemary, and lavender ginger. They were all to die for. Nothing better than homemade ice cream in the summer!

Jules Someone said...

Mmmmm. That looks really good. I have some cookie dough in the freezer....

Leslie said...

Those ice cream sandwiches are to die for! We loved this ice cream!

April said...

pretty pics. Looks delish

Sophie said...

Sugar cookies and ice cream can't be beat. Peaches and honey -- yes please! :)