Sunday, November 14, 2010

Easy and Delicious Cheesecake




Okay so there are a million recipes out there for a million different types of cheesecake and admittedly I probably would love all of them. What I like about this one is that it is so insanely easy that anyone can do it. It does not require a springform pan, water bathing, an hour of baking, or even eggs. So easy and it works every time.

I acquired this recipe at a church function a few years ago and we have loved it ever since. Especially my husband. Sometimes, I bake them in ramekins, cover them and freeze. Then my hubby can pull one out at will on a Sunday evening and enjoy a treat when I have not baked.

Easy and Delicious Cheesecake

1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 c. sour cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 prepared graham cracker crust (if you make your own, add a little cinnamon)

1. Beat or food process cream cheese until very smooth.
2. Add everything else. Mix until well combined.
3. Pour into prepared graham cracker crust. Bake at 350 for 10-15 min - just until it is barely set.
4. Refrigerate for a few hours or freeze until cold (30 min?)

Enjoy with fresh or frozen fruit
(we just used frozen blueberries and the blueberries and cinnamon in the crust were a seriously good combo)

No comments: