Saturday, March 7, 2009

Key lime cookies

I have made so much dark chocolate stuff lately, I just needed to "balance my diet"!! Ha!! Ok, but seriously, I just needed something different. Spring is here in Florida! So, here's what I came up with:

Key Lime White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 pouch sugar cookie mix, made as directed with 1 stick butter and 1 egg
+ 1/2 package white chocolate chips

Key Lime Drizzle
1 1/2 tsps fresh lime zest
1 T softened butter
1 1/2 T fresh lime juice
2/3 c powdered sugar

Directions:
Mix white chocolate chips into sugar cookie mix. Bake as directed. I got about 25 good size cookies out of mine. Cool completely. (You may need to sneak one nice warm un-limified cookie.)

Mix ingredients for drizzle. You may need to add a few tablespoons of powdered sugar to get a good consistency. Spoon drizzle into a ziplock bag and snip a tiny hole in one corner. Pipe onto cookies, then allow drizzle to set up. Enjoy!! Maybe these cookies will bring spring to you a little sooner!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

These look super tasty Sarah. I LOVE citrus cookies. I'll have to give these a try.

April said...

Yum....Lime! Looks tasty. Thanks for sharing!